Creating your first backup task is very easy.
Artica use several protocols in order to forward backup container to an external resource...
- Click on System informations on the main tool-bar.
- Select the backup tab.
- On the "tasks" section click on Add a new task button under the main table
A wizard is displayed and let you setup your backup task.
The first step is to define the External storage that will handle the backup container.
You have several external storage types:
- Automouting service: use the automount system in order to mount a local/remote filesystem.
- External USB Stick: If the USB resource is plugged on the server, the task will be performed.
- Remote shared directory: If you have a file server with a shared directory.
- Remote Rsync server: Using the Rsync protocol to store the backup container.
- Local directory: Store the backup container on the local disk.
Choose the appropriate external storage type.
Depends of the choosing external storage the next screen will ask you to set correct datas.
Schedules and container type.
The next screen ask you to set the period to run this backup task.
You can create several backup tasks and each backup task schedule can be set separatly.
You have to choose the container type: daily or weekly.
Artica will use incremental backup.
This means that the first backup will be long but after, only new or modified files will be saved each time the backup is executed.
You create a container daily or weekly.As daily allow you to have less risk to backup users corrupted datas but will not use the incremental benefit.
At the opposit, Weekly container will use the incremental benefit but increase risks to store more errors.
Final step, build your settings.
The final screen display all settings, if you are agree, click on "Build your settings" button.
Your new task is added in the main table.
On each task you have 3 important icons :
- The first one display events of the task (in order to see if the task was successfully executed).
- The second allow you to run the task now.
- The third will execute the task in debug mode. This mode will not perform a backup but just made all operations before saving data.
This to know if you external resource is able to handle the backup task.