Add backends servers:
To make the load-balancing service running, you need to add backends servers in order to dispatch connections to them.
- Click on the link of your load-balancing service.
- Select the "backends" tab.
- On the table click on the button "New Backend"
A new popup is displayed in order to define the settings of the new backend.
- Backend name: it is a name for you in order to retreive easly the backend server in the table.
- Listen IP address: set the remote IP of the target server in order to forward connections.
- Listen port: defines the port of the target server.
- Weight: This parameter is used to adjust the server's weight relative to other servers.
All servers will receive a load proportional to their weight relative to the sum of all weights, so the higher the weight, the higher the load.
The default weight is 1, and the maximal value is 256.
A value of 0 means the server will not participate in load-balancing but will still accept persistent connections.
If this parameter is used to distribute the load according to server's capacity, it is recommended to start with values which can both grow and shrink, for instance between 10 and 100 to leave enough room above and below for later adjustments.
- MAX connections: This parameter specifies the maximal number of concurrent connections that will be sent to this server.
If the number of incoming concurrent requests goes higher than this value, they will be queued, waiting for a connection to be released.
This parameter is very important as it can save fragile servers from going down under extreme loads.
- The "Check interval" parameter sets the interval between two consecutive health checks to milliseconds.
If left unspecified, the delay defaults to 2000 ms.
- The "Failed number" parameter states that a server will be considered as dead after consecutive unsuccessful health checks.
This value defaults to 3 if unspecified.
- The "Success number" parameter states that a server will be considered as operational after consecutive successful health checks.
This value defaults to 2
After adding your servers you can disable some of them or delete them in the table.