Automated compression on the fly
Minimal Artica version v.1.6.082316
This feature invisibly and automatically zip and unzip email attachments according rules directly on the mail gateway.
Automated compression and decompression provides 100% assurance of the zipping function,
ensuring optimal system benefits and eliminating reliance on the user and any associated loss of productivity.
- Improves exchange system performance.
- Reduces storage needs by average 60%.
- Reduces bandwidth requirements.
- Typically cuts individual email size by up to 90%
Create Auto-compression rules
- Click on Automated compression tab.
- On the table, click on "New rule" button.
- A new screen is displayed
- On sender field, set the email address such as "firstname.lastname@example.org" or the domain such as "mydomain.tld" if you want to compress for all users set "*" if you want to create a rule for all senders.
- On recipient field, set the email address such as "email@example.com" or the domain such as "yahoo.tld" if you want to compress for all recipients of the yahoo.tld domain.
If you want to compress for all recipients and all Internet add "*" character.
- On the Max size, define the attachment size in M.
If an attachment size is higher than this value, it will be automatically zipped.
- Click on Add button.
To apply your settings, you need to click on "Compile rules" button.