Enable mobile phones to sync with the Zarafa server
Z-Push is an implementation of Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol which is used 'over-the-air' for multi platform active sync devices, including Windows Mobile and active sync used on Apple's iPhone, Androids, Sony Ericsson and Nokia phones.
Open source Z-Push enables any PHP-based groupware package to become fully syncable with any ActiveSync-compliant device.
Install Z-Push application.
- To enable this feature on Artica you need Zarafa server and Z-Push module.
- By default, z-push is not installed. You need to use the Setup Center to install it.
- Click on the CD-ROM on the top toolbar.
- Select Softwares Database
- Search the z-push entry
- Click on the blue icon in order to install it.
- After several minutes you will see the version installed on the system.
Create the Web server trough FreeWebs.
- FreeWebs is the Web services center in Artica. It allows you to create web services on your server.
- On the left side click on the FreeWebs icon.
- Check that your FreeWebs service is enabled and the daemon is up and running.
- Select the Web servers tab and click on the button "New server"
- Give the web server name that will be used on mobile-phones.
- Click on Add button
- Click on the added web server link.
- Click on Groupwares tab.
- Click on Z-Push icon.
- The section display that your web server serve Z-Push application.
- Click on the Website tab in click on rebuild icon in order to make the website in production mode.