How to manually create a Zarafa Appliance ?
This procedure is for using Zarafa and Artica on an ISP hosted server and Debian 6 operating system.
- Install a freshed Debian 6 operationg system ( use the net-install iso file)
- use the setup-debian binary to install mandatories packages:
Install the system:
- Download the latest debian 6 net-install iso here: http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst#smallcd
- boot the system with the ISO file.
- Type Enter on the install menu.
- Select your language.
- Select your country
- Select the keyboard type.
- Define the full hostname
- Set the root password
- On the partition wizard, choose guided entire disk
choose all files in one partition.
- At the end of the partition wizard, choose yes to confirm write changes.
- Wait during the formating task.
- Wait during the installation of the system base
Choose your country mirror
Wait during the software list update
on the softwares selection, choose only OpenSSH server and standard system utilities
- Confirm the boot loader install and reboot the computer
Install Artica with the setup-debian
logon on the system run these command-line:
tar xf setup-debian.tar.gz
chmod 777 setup-debian
- The install program will show you all packages that will be installed on the system.
- Type Enter key
Confirm the install of about 250 packages by typing Enter key
- Wait during the downloading/installing mandatories packages task.
- type Enter in order to let the setup binary installing artica core module.
- Choose the option 1 in the last menu in order to install Postfix.
- After the Postfix MTA installed, the menu display a new entry "Install Zarafa server"
- Type the "Z" letter to install Zarafa server.
- Type the "Q" letter to exit setup-debian
Turn Artica to a Zarafa appliance run
Force artica to synchronize
/usr/share/artica-postfix/bin/process1 --force --verbose