Install RoundCube WebMail on an external server
Each Artica (even it is not designed to be a Mail server) is able to install the RoundCube WebMail system and can handle FreeWebs service.
Install application trough Artica.
- Open The Artica Web Console on the remote server.
- Select the CD-ROM on the top icons section.
- Select Softwares Database
- At the bottom, type the search entry round
- Click on the Blue icon under the RoundCube WebMail system row
You can install RoundCube by the commande line too by typing
- Wait during the installation and click periodically on the refresh icon.
Create the Web service trough FreeWebs
- On the Main page, click on FreeWebs icon located on the left side.
- By default, FreeWebs is disabled.
- Turn to green the Enable FreeWeb service and click on Apply.
- Ensure that the Apache service is up and running.
- Click on Web servers tab.
- Click on New Server button.
- Set the web site name in the form and click on Add button.
- The web site is added in the table.
- Click on the link of the web site.
- Select Groupwares tab.
- Click on the RoundCube WebMail system icon.
- The Web site is now turned to a RoundCube WebMail system.
- Close the section.
- Currently the Web site is designed to access to mail services such as IMAP/SMTP locally.
So we need to set the WebMail service to access to remote mail services.
- Test the access to the Web site using this procedure